Terms & Conditions
Deposits & payments:
- All bookings require a non refundable deposit which secures your booking date.
- Deposit required to secure your booking is £10 per tier for celebration cakes and £50 for wedding cakes. Additional costs may be added to the deposit should we need to buy figures, flowers or any other decorative items in order to finish your cake.
- All orders are deemed to have been accepted only when the deposit has been paid.
- Deposits are required within 48 hours from the time of booking, failure to do so will result in your slot being given to another customer.
- For cakes with less than 2 weeks notice the full cost of the cake must be paid at the time of the booking.
- Deposits are non refundable.
- Full payment is required upon collection for all celebration cakes and 4 weeks prior to the event for wedding cakes.
- Delivery/collection will be agreed with you upon placing your order.
- Delivery is charged at 0.45p per mile from the postcode BB5 4DL which is calculated as a round trip.
Returns & Damages:
- If you are not satisfied with the design of your cake please say on collection.
- If you wish to return a cake, please contact us as soon as possible and state clearly what the issue is. Please note that any remaining cake will need to be returned in order for us to conduct an investigation into the issue.
- If the cake is damaged before or whilst we are delivering your cake, all efforts will be made to fix the damage.
- A Cake Occasion are not responsible for any damage caused to the cake after collection/delivery/set up.
- Any work repairing a damaged cake through no fault of our own will incur a fee.
NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN IF A CAKE IS NOT RETURNED
Flowers or in-edible items:
At the request of the client, cakes sometimes contain in-edible items such as brooches, ribbons, flowers, feathers etc. These items must be removed before serving and we accept no responsibility for any harm these might cause.
We can provide flowers to decorate your cakes, or we will liaise directly with your florist. Be aware that some flowers are not suitable for cake decoration, or may be toxic if eaten and all foliage must be removed before serving. Any contamination to your cake is not our responsibility.
A Cake Occasion is NOT AN ALLERGY-FREE KITCHEN.
We can not guarantee that our products are free from any ingredients that may affect those with food allergies, but all efforts are made to minimise this risk where requested. A Cake Occasion will not assume any liability for adverse reactions to our products.
The following ingredients are used in our kitchen:
- Milk and diary products
- Wheat and Gluten
* Please note that some food colouring may cause an effect on behaviour in children.
Cake design alterations:
- Any amendments to the design of your cake may incur additional charges.
- All amendment requests must be made at LEAST one month before the wedding date in order for these to be arranged.
Cake storage & transportation:
- Please store your cake in the box provided.
- Please store your cake at room temperature unless otherwise stated on collection/delivery.
- Do not place in the fridge, in direct sunlight or anywhere hot.
- Keep pets and children away from the cake.
- When collecting your cake please ensure the cake is placed on a non slip matting in a clean empty car boot or in the passenger foot-well of your car. DO NOT place on the knee of a passenger or on a seat as this can cause cake damage in transit.
- Sponge and chocolate cake is best consumed within 3 days from collection/delivery.